If you've outgrown your drysuit, go ahead and resolve to lose some weight. Otherwise, try these on for size and choose the ones that fit.
In 2012, I resolve to...
1. Work on skills that don't come easily to me.
2. Seek out a mentor who can challenge me in my long-term development as a paddler.
3. Join organizations that protect the environment.
4. Introduce kayaking to someone else.
5. Complete a risk assessment every time I go out on the water and file a float plan.
6. Learn to repair my boat and gear (or at least some of it).
7. Engage in a thoughtful debrief after each paddle to learn from my experiences.
8. Support my local paddlesport shop as much as possible.
9. Practice rescues in the conditions and seasons in which I paddle.
10. Learn to tie a new knot.
11. Learn a related body of knowledge (e.g.wilderness first aid, leave no trace, meteorology).
12. Paddle in unfamiliar waters (preferably outside my region).
We hope 2012 is a happy, healthy year that fulfills all your paddling desires.
Sharon + Alec