|Journeying along the scenic Chicago shoreline.|
This has been a busy paddling season, between the private lessons and club trainings we've offered, the coach trainings we've participated in, and our personal paddling adventures. This Saturday, Have Kayaks, Will Travel is offering an open-water journeying course, and spots are still available.
This course emerged out of our experiences with friends and clients who want to paddle on Lake Michigan and have the basic boat-handling skills, but don't always know how to:
- assess and mitigate risks
- pack for a day trip
- choose the right route
- use a VHF radio to communicate with lock tenders and large ships
- negotiate boat traffic
- launch and land in a variety of places
- solve problems and make decisions as needed to keep a group safe and have fun on the water.
We're going to coach these skills during a fun journey on the Chicago River, through the locks, and on Lake Michigan (though the exact route will depend on conditions that day).
- Date: Saturday, June 29 and Sunday, July 7
- Time: 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Distance: 10 to 12 miles
- Cost: $125
To register or for more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and please include a phone number so we can call you back.